[kictanet] REQUEST FOR COMMENTS ON THE DRAFT WIRELESS BROADBAND SPECTRUM POLICY GUIDELINES

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Aug 31 10:08:00 EAT 2017

Grace

Thanks for sharing..

Before some of us start looking at this what:-

1.  Assurances do we have from the Ministry that they will really take into
consideration the contributions from the community.

2. What are the mechanisms that will be followed regarding how these
comments will be incorporated or rejected?

I think some of us (definitely me!) are fatigued by this 'ticking of the
public participation box'  by the ministry. We still remember how the ICT
Policy/Strategy conversation went where we are still waiting after a year
and an election.

I'm keen to see that the community is not used as a rubber stamp to satisfy
the 'public participation' agenda that has really never been taken
seriously.

Can we please hear from the Ministry?

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Grace Githaiga via kictanet <