[kictanet] Call for volunteers for the 2017 Kenya IGF steering team

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Apr 25 14:18:27 EAT 2017

Dear Tracy,

Please tell us which stakeholder group you identify yourself with (Government,
Private sector, Student, Civil society, Technical community, Academia)

Regards

______________________
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya
twitter.com/lordmwesh

On 23 April 2017 at 22:49, Tracy Kadesa Adolwa via kictanet <

> Greetings;
>
> I am an advocate, I would like to volunteer to IGF steering committee in
> the following ways;
>
> 1.      Reach out to the community to source community participation
> and KIGF subject focus areas.
> 2.      Lead online discussions prior to the KIGF.
>
> -Regards
>

> Tracy Kadesa,
> LL.B ,University of Nairobi.
> Dip KSL
>  legalwalk.wordpress.com
>

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> This is a reminder for those interested in joining the Kenya IGF steering
>> committee. Only two days are remaining to express interest. We want to
>> thank those who have already shown interest.
>>
>> Regards
>> On Apr 13, 2017 1:14 PM, "Mwendwa Kivuva" <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Listers,
>>>
>>> The Kenya Internet Governance Forum (KIGF) is an annual meeting that
>>> brings together various stakeholder groups to dialogue on ICT and
>>> Internet policy. While the discussions give soft policy outcomes, KIGF
>>> is a knowledge sharing platform that informs and inspires policy
>>> actors in both the public and private sectors. The national forum also
>>> feeds into the regional and global IGFs through a chain of reporting
>>> and representation to the regional and global IGFs to ensure a bottom
>>> up Internet policy development processes and a strong link between
>>> global internet policies and the national one.
>>>
>>> KICTANet wishes to invite volunteers from all stakeholder groups to
>>> assist in preparation of the 2017 KIGF edition, which is slated for
>>> 6th July 2017. The volunteers will form a local Multistakeholder
>>> Advisory Group that will be expected to:
>>>
>>> 1.      Reach out to the community to source community participation
>>> and KIGF subject focus areas.
>>> 2.      Lead online discussions prior to the KIGF.
>>> 3.      Coordinate logistics and resources for the meeting.
>>> 4.      Coordinate the actual event.