[kictanet] Liquid Telecom warns of looming address shortage - Daily Nation

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 11:42:14 EAT 2016

@Tony,
rather than do a v4 to v6 tunnel, it maybe better (easier) to implement a dual-stack with your upstream provider.
That way you manage the transition better. For example, you may opt to leave your old clients on v4 while putting your new clients on v6 as u gain confidence with v6 implementations. Your upstream provider then seamlessly handles both types of traffic since they are running dual-stack system.
ditch your upstream provider if they cannot offer your a dual-stack system.
walu.nb: v6 implementation is going to be (may already be) a big deal sooner, rather than later and we tried to capture this  in the new ICT policy. Hope it was retained.