[kictanet] Day 2(a) of 3: 2016 ICT Year in Review Feedback - Human Capital Feedback

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 12:26:24 EAT 2016

Thanx Barrack,
Looks like Day1 had little reaction/comments. Feel free to belatedly post on Policy, Legal/ Regulatory matters but just keep the correct subject line.
Today we to move to Day2a (Human Capital feedback) and Day 2b (Infrastructure feedback to be sent in next email)
Summary feedback on Human Capital was as follows with detailed document attached.
a) 41% of the respondents felt that the government had providedsufficient ICT opportunities for the youth to a moderate extent. 30% howeverfelt youth opportunities had not been effectively provided, while 27% felt ithad been done to a large extent.

b) 58% of the respondents felt that the DLP (Laptop Project)will have a positive impact to a very large extent. 30% felt it would be amoderate impact while 12% think it will have little or no impact.

c) 40% of the respondents felt that tertiary institutions were,to a moderate extent providing the requisite skill set for the ICT industry.34% felt they were to a large extent providing these skills while 24% felt theywere not.

d) 40% of the respondents felt that Konza City will have apositive impact to a very large extent. 21% felt it will be a moderate impactwhile 25% think it will have no impact.

e) Provide general ICT literacy programmes to the public, Codingas a skill to all students – irrespective of discipline, Continuity ingovernment offices (rather than sabotage of previous holder initiatives),Improve Academia- Government-Industry linkages, Cryptography training, Identifyand support Technology Universities, Promote Incubation Center, Have mechanismsto weed out ICT quacks, Provide ICT scholarships, Standardize ICT Trainings,Digitization of key services - police occurrence books, land registries shouldbe availed to the youth.

Toa maoni (let hear your reactions)
walu.