[kictanet] Day 1 of 3: 2016 ICT Year in Review Feedback - Policy, Legal & Regulatory Issues

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:52:33 EAT 2016

Hi Walu,

Many thanks for the email. My humble opinion is that generally the
government and related agencies have made great efforts in investing
in ICT's. However it is worth noting that government is never good at
marketing itself or communicating and i guess this is where the
Ministry and related agencies need to pay attention. For example the
issue of IFMIS has really been misunderstood. Software should never be
blamed for fraud , people commit Fraud. We should always remember that
ICT's are a means to an end and not an end in themselves.

Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277