[kictanet] Central Bank Governor says Kenya not ready for virtual currencies - Standard Digital News

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon May 30 15:03:16 EAT 2016

Barrack

Good point. There is a clear and present danger of missing out on a huge opportunity in this space because of the 'wait & see' attitude from the regulator.

The ICT Community MUST find a way to engage positively with them to make sure that they understand where we are coming from and we understand where they are coming from. Without this engagement we will continue to speak over each others' heads.

On Saturday when I posed  the question on Blockchains to the Governor I got the distinct feeling there was a huge discomfort on this issue. I have huge respect for the Governor and I hope he will rise to the challenge. Our very leadership in the tech space depends on it.

That idea of Blockchains discussion at the IGF is becoming increasingly important.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad