[kictanet] Whatsapp Users in Kenya; Total No?

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Thu May 26 06:53:32 EAT 2016

I use far more data on Safaricom than phone and SMS (and I don't (yet)
use WhatsApp! - but with end-to-end encryption now enabled, I may
start ;) )

...but there is a scenario:

If the user has Zuku or Faimba, then the smartphone will be on WiFi
for data usage, including WhatsApp - therefore the telco has 'lost'
the customer for those times the user is at 'home' - or anywhere else
there is a WiFi connection.

All 'new' technology is disruptive to the 'old guard', as Ebele pointed out.

We must always embrace newer technology - else be left behind in the
'backwaters' - as so often in the past!

Cheers,
Tony

Tony White