[kictanet] The role of the "open" in innovation in Africa

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:35:43 EAT 2016

True.

In a way I think Open Source can also act as a layer of solution on top of
that. Due to the fact that it tries to motivate the conception of business
models that may not entirely depend on physical sale of products but more
of the service layer on top of it.

The other avenue we could focus on and build Open eco-systems around is
SaaS which are not piratable compared product based business model.