[kictanet] BitHub: BLOCKCHAINS - Get in the Conversation and Perhaps Conversion..Digital Currency

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 18 06:16:45 EAT 2016

Warm Greetings Eric!

Thank you for pointing out on BitHub. It would be exciting to know what they are up to.

I have found their address from the link as bithubafrica at gmail.com (copied herein). Address BitHub Africa,P.O. BOX 76081 Space Kenya, 2nd Flr Timau Plaza, Argwings Kodhek Road.Nairobi 00508 Kenya
Let us see what we might discover from them.

BitHub Team; A request you enlighten us on 'WhattsUp'', what is happening in the blockchain sphere in Kenya and your experiences - possibly as one fast and first in the market.

Brian: Thank you for the link too. Tech talent and investment doesn't seem to be following this blockchain discovery...

('I argued before that 2016 will be the year that the development sector’s back end operations will take the front stage and become the focus of substantial innovation efforts. The current level of attention (or hype?) around the blockchain might be just an indicator of that – whether you are talking remittances or supply chains, social finance or refugee ID registration, cap and trade for emissions or identification in conflict zones.....London has a vibrant blockchain development and investor scene – the City of London has switched on to the possibilities and its proximity to London’s tech hubs is leading to the rapid emergence of a blockchain developer and startup community. But how can we firewall and apply some of that talent to the global development and humanitarian system? And how can we attract financial investment to build blockchain systems for development, a sector notoriously poor at investing in information technology directly itself?....) - Giulio Quaggiotto
http://diytoolkit.org/sprinkling-blockchain-magic-dust-exploring-use-cases-in-the-development-sector/

Rosemary; Your take that blockchain is an improvement to the financial services sector takes me back to the heated discussions on Bitcoin/CBK and others.

Kivuva; Your drift on usage of Blockchain for elections or in other words for other sectors in addition to financial services is where I see the greatest opportunity lies. What I find perplexing is that our Tech community has not gone into this in droves, creating for different industries. Or what are people working on,or we do not understand, find it worth or too risky?

'...As often is the case, however, to date the rhetoric around the potential of the technology by far outstrips the practice.'- Giulio Quaggiotto

I am yet to understand on the group called  'miners' in this Blockchain, what they do and how they make money - where the rubber meets the road! Hopefully by the end of the week I shall, and share. $&$$$$$ have a way to cause and attract interest.

Thank you all for the ongoing enlightenment on this!

Be blessed.

Regards/Wangari

---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".