[kictanet] BLOCKCHAINS - Get in the Conversation and Perhaps Conversion..Digital Currency

Brian Muhia bmn at savannahinformatics.com
Tue May 17 13:57:10 EAT 2016

Hi Wangari, Grace,
Yes, there are many 'humanitarian' proposals, just like Ashish's website
says. Here's another look from DIY Toolkit:
http://diytoolkit.org/sprinkling-blockchain-magic-dust-exploring-use-cases-in-the-development-sector/
.

I had thought of developing a 'KenyaCoin' cryptocurrency, but decided
against it, as I wasn't sure how to avoid building the typical copycat
system that doesn't have much innovation beyond the original Bitcoin
system. There are thousands of such currencies now, given the term
'altcoins', that are built as a direct clone of Bitcoin, and they all face
the same scaling issue that Bitcoin had to solve when it was growing:
volatility cycles, stable markets, online merchant integration, security
reviews etc. Growing these systems is difficult and probably only worth it
if one has a reasonable idea of why it would help the target adopters.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 7:49 PM Wangari Kabiru via kictanet <