[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Blogpost: A4AI: Who Could Oppose a More Affordable Internet? The Alliance for an Affordable Internet (A4AI) and the Neo-liberal Stealth Campaign to Control the Internet Throughout the Developing World

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:23:44 EAT 2016

Listers,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:22 PM, John Kariuki via kictanet <

> Barrack,
> I must thank you very much for drawing attention to Mike Gursten's
> comments.For me the most telling clause is the following:
>
> 'The A4AI “Best Practices” are a clear attempt to superimpose a
> neo-liberal market fundamentalism on what would otherwise be a well-meaning
> attempt to reduce the cost of Internet access for the next billions of
> users.'

Michael Gurstein is being disingenous, don't fall for his trolling.  He has
a hidden agenda that has to do with a long and boring history of the Civil
society Internet governance Caucus/Best Bits and JustNet Coalition.

Suffice it to say that it is a smear campaign that is unfortunately MGs
style.

Ask yourself where KE would be without the market forces that brought about
Safcom and all the other players in fixed and mobile Internet access
industries.

We would be in the dark ages, a la Addis Ababa.

Regards,

McTim

Cheers,

McTim