[kictanet] Mailing Lists Usability

Mose Karanja mosekaranja at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:55:36 EAT 2016

Thank you all for the responses on this.

The incredible options available like Techweez’s forum and Odhiambo’s ‘scripts' and now Mailman3 offer hope.
This is not a classical ICT policy debate but I hope it can help make our policy discussions better. If you feel you have something that you would not rather have on the main list, feel free to reach me directly and I will collate the options and later share with people who may need a better way of handling MailingLists.

Back to ICT Policy.

Moses.
> On Mar 2, 2016, at 9:44 AM, David Njuki <njukey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seeing there are a good number of us here in design, web development and usability, it would be interesting to know if there are better options out there that this community can benefit from. If not, what about organizing (not necessarily through KICTANet) of a design hackathon to improve this.
>
> Some of us still prefer the traditional way that many lists which use Mailman operate but if you are looking at UI improvements, there is version 3.0 which addresses some of your concerns; one which I find useful was that you can directly reply threads from the web interface.
>
> http://wiki.list.org/Mailman3 <http://wiki.list.org/Mailman3>
>
> Regards,
> David.

---