[kictanet] Draft National ICT Policy Discussions Day 6 of 10: How to Accelerate eGovt Services

Sam Oduor sam.oduor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:24:05 EAT 2016

Hello Team

This is quite a good discussion; I have recently subscribed to this great
list and came across this draft; that I am currently reviewing.

Has anyone completed the review ; I would like leads on major changes
between the 2006 policy and this draft for the benefit of time.

Many thanks in advance.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <

> Listers,
>
> Many thanks to those who have contributed to day 4 and day 5. The
> threads are still open provided you respond under the correct thread.
> We also encourage listers to edit the policy directly on the Jadili
> platform http://jadili.ictpolicy.org/docs/kenya-ict-policy.
>
> Today we focus on the following topics:
>
> *eHealth, eAgriculture, eTransport, eGovt, eLearning
> *ICT regional (county) incentives)
> *ICTs in Society, Culture
>
> The Background
>
> Government is the single biggest consumers of ICT goods and services.
> A highly digitised government operation not only improves transparency
> and accountability but can accelerate ICT opportunities for the local
> ICT enterprises dealing in software development, system integration,
> equipment resellers amongst others.
>
> What are the bottlenecks around eGovernment? Other than Huduma
> Centers, KRA and bit of NTSA, there seems to be very little ICTs in
> other government departments and agencies. What poliices and
> strategies can unlock the full potential of eGovt?
>
> Send in your views Today.
>
> --
> Barrack O. Otieno
> +254721325277