[kictanet] Draft National ICT Policy Discussions Day 6 of 10: How to Accelerate eGovt Services

Timothy- Coach- Oriedo timoriedo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:35:19 EAT 2016

Morning All,

Its commendable that some of the government projects and initiatives have
taken off, case in point is Huduma centre, which over and above operating
in an E-platform, prides itself in customer service excellence which goes a
long way in winning the public confidence.

The question then is what makes is the barrier towards replicating the
success of such projects across the ecosystem?

This one question if answered will provide a framework for the
implementation of a successful system across board.

One key gap that sets us back is cultural in nature, the silo mentality
that Government departments operate in. To create a successful ecosystem
there needs to be a shift. This cultural shift will not be won by hardware
nor system installation  but active engagement with the players to shift
mindsets. This can then be followed up with policy regulation framework to
funnel into singularity of purpose.

Kind Regards,

Timothy Oriedo
ICF Certified Coach, Chartered Marketer, Technology, Media & Telco
Enthusiast
FB, Linkedln- Timothy Oriedo
Skype, Twitter @timoriedo
0722 816171

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <