[kictanet] Kenya cuts cost of acquiring .ke domain by a third

George Irungu g.irungu at logicalcrest.co.ke
Tue Jun 28 12:54:55 EAT 2016

Waithaka when you say "we need to build Kenya first as a globally recognized brand in technology leader‎ship." Isn't one of the ways to do that through promoting our own .ke name space?
As you rightfully pointed out the reason you may not have had much success with a .ke domain was because your audience is not familiar with .ke and was therefore hesitant to deal. But maybe the reason was simply because we are not known as a cloud hosting provider, when potential clients checked out .ke and it turned out to be Kenya, whom they had probably never heard of before they simply turned elsewhere.
For businesses and orgs with local clientele our .ke works, so it all boils down to your audience, me thinks.

Thank
you,

------George
Irungu