[kictanet] Are the American Internet Giants Politically Agnostic?

Wangari Kabiru wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 08:17:50 EAT 2016

Blessed MONDAY!

This discussion may be looked at from closer home.

With all the divergent information from our friends as they go to their polls, this is good fodder for  the nations that have given notice of (or already have done it) e.g  social media blockage or more broadly to self manage social media in the nation for some period during election time.

One media house piece, counteracted by another or the defending organisation statement. Which government unit do we have to keep up with this?

And be real and bring this closer home.

Government have democracies to manage. Anything, anything, anything that presents itself to them as unmanageable, mixed up information and misinformed irresponsible....overall with preserved destabilisation tendencies shifts from the famous adage of freedom to information to security. Then to online teargas!!

The onus is sitting with the owners, experts, advocates; you know this is coming up soon. What are you doing?

Let it not be waiting as civil society including local media builds a battalion of know how and yet you know that the parallel is not within relevant Government agencies; more about understanding dynamics than even dynamics.

Partnerships now may avert this and breed a positive vibrant election period social media.

Be blessed.