[kictanet] Are the American Internet Giants Politically Agnostic?

Lawrence Njogu lnjogu at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:11:47 EAT 2016

I agree with you Ebele on this one....100%. Been there done that & #itscomplicated

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 22:12:51 +0000
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Are the American Internet Giants Politically Agnostic?
From: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
CC: ebeleokobi at fb.com; kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
To: lnjogu at hotmail.com

Let’s take this offline, if you’d like to learn more about the US system?

But just to avoid confusion-I’ve voted in US elections since 1992, and I’ve volunteered for three different campaigns over the years. It’s quite complicated even for those of us who vote in the US to understand, much less trying to follow it from afar!
 Your understanding of the Democratic primary system is, unfortunately, completely incorrect, both generally and in this specific case. Have a look at the links I posted previously for information about how this system works. Also, for context-Clinton has won
 over 3 million more votes than Sanders in the primaries thus far. So, the will of the people, as measured by the popular vote, is overwhelmingly for Clinton.

Also, even though Sanders is vowing to stay in until July (although he’s amended this in some reports to Tuesday, after the DC primary), we already know who the nominee is, because Clinton already has 800 more delegates than Sanders, and she also has 400
 more than she needs to win. There is no way for Sanders to win, unless Clinton drops out of the race.  It is, as they say, all over but the shouting, and fortunately, a savage social media game does not necessarily lead to electoral victory. Which brings me
 back to the original point of this thread. . .

See here for the vote breakdown-http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-takes-decisive-lead-over-bernie-sanders-in-delegate-count-popular-vote-1465389182