[kictanet] Fwd: TCRA to enforce use of .tz domain names

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 13:04:10 EAT 2016

Perhaps, to be more specific, I should have said that the chosen
domain TLD should reflect the intended market.  For example, if the
intended customer base is in the UK, a .co.uk domain would be
appropriate.
This scenario would apply to the many local companies who export to
the UK (tea, for example) - or .nl for the flower growers.
Similarly, if the target market is Kenya, even if the company is based
elsewhere, then they should use a .co.ke domain - eg olx and Jumia.

It's all about the confidence the *customer* has - not the domain owner.

... and I fully agree that the government should use .ke for civil
servant's email!!!

Check this - sad :(
County Agriculture Executives - only 8 have .go.ke addresses, the
majority being on yahoo, with a few gmails thrown in for good luck ;)

Saddest, Machakos County government is using a .com :(

Ah well....

Cheers,
Tony

--