[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Computer and Cyber crimes bill 2016 Day 1 of 5 Part 2 Offences

Kelvin Kariuki kelvinkariuki89 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 21:02:51 EAT 2016

Dear Listers,

The bill clearly outlines the unauthorized disclosure of a password as a
crime, however, it is silent on a situation where an employee 'refuses' to
hand-over passwords of certain accounts including servers, and web domain
registrar or claims to have 'forgotten' those passwords, especially in
situations where they have lost their job . So my questions are:
1. Is that a criminal offence?
2. Should it be dealt with the company policy or should it be included in
this bill?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Francis Monyango via kictanet <

Best Regards,

Kelvin Kariuki
Twitter Handle: @teacherkaris
Alt email: kkariuki at mmu.ac.ke