[kictanet] Cybercrime Bill 2016

Francis Monyango monyango93 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:53:04 EAT 2016

I have read the bill.I have noted major loopholes that can be used to
breach the fundamental human right to privacy. But now to answer Tony on
clauses that penetration testing, section 4(2) of the bill talks about
unauthorized access. I believe if one is doing a 'pen test', they have been
authorized to access that system. Section 6(2) of the bill is on
interference. It also talks about permissions hence, not a crime to do a
pentest. Lastly, section 8 (3)(a) states that activities  described  in
the section do not constitute an offence if the acts are  intended  for
the  authorised  training,  testing  or protection  of  a  computer  system.

There you have it. I hope I haven't gone all legalese on that one.

Francis Monyango
On Jul 13, 2016 2:17 PM, "Tony White via kictanet" <