[kictanet] Cybercrime Bill 2016

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:16:35 EAT 2016

I have read through the bill, and - although I am not a lawyer - it
looks like it has been well thought out and makes sense (unlike
*another* recent bill!).

My main concern, with this (or any other) bill, is where it may be
open to abuse, intimidation, and/or corruption.  I hope those with
'legal' minds may discover the specific areas which may be open to
abuse, and where further clarification within the bill may address
those concerns.

Specifically, related to those whose work involves the provision,
and/or testing of the security of systems to guard against possible
cybercrimes.  I would like to see a section where specific exemption
is allowed where permission by a person in authority over a computer
system or telecommunications network is given to a specific person or
organisation to conduct testing of a system's security - commonly
referred to as 'penetration testing' or 'pentest'

My initial thoughts.

Tony

--
Tony White