[kictanet] Fwd: STATEMENT ON THE INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) PRACTITIONERS BILL 2016 BY ICTA

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 11:45:11 EAT 2016

Another piece of absolute nonsense.  Our ICT sector is too dynamic at
present, compared with the other professions cited, which are settled
and well established ...and are slow to change.  The ICTAK is in
favour of this because it promotes *their* agenda, which is not
aligned with the profession as a whole - indeed, I suspect they are
behind the bill's creation.

Let's hope that CS Mucheru - who has stated that the bill is not
ministry or government policy - will push for the rejection of the
bill when it comes to a vote in the national assembly.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony White