[kictanet] Netflix KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Jan 13 13:56:54 EAT 2016

On Jan 13, 2016 1:06 PM, "Brian Munyao Longwe via kictanet" <

> Hi all,
>
> I think that one fundamental (and very important) point that most of the
people demanding regulation for Netflix overlook is that Netflix has not
"come to Kenya". They are not present in the country in any form or shape.
They have simply "allowed" Kenyans access to their content - which is
hosted outside of Kenya - in response to many years of demand.

Although we would really like them to "come to Kenya", and probably setup a
local cache. The economics of international data transit.
.