[kictanet] [Kicktanet] Does Airtel's Unliminet contravene the spirit of Net Neutrality?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Jan 11 17:21:28 EAT 2016

Martin

Thanks for bringing this up.

ALL TELCOS in this country are violating Net Neutrality principles as we know them. The one thing that however has been missing in action in this country and across Africa are Regulators who have shown an understanding and willingness to tackle this issue. The problem where I’m sitting is the perception that Net Neutrality is a Western World Problem.

This needs to STOP.

One thing however that I’m clear about is that we in Africa need to define our own Net Neutrality Principles because in our part of the world its not cut and dried anymore and we can’t just piggy ride on the same principles and noms the rest of the world is using.

Thanks & Regards

Ali Hussein
ali at hussein.me.ke

+254 713 601113
Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: Abu-Jomo
LinkedIn: http//ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
Blog: www.alyhussein.com