[kictanet] [Kicktanet] Does Airtel's Unliminet contravene the spirit of Net Neutrality?

Martin Gicheru martingicheru at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:00:01 EAT 2016

Where do we as Kenyans stand on Airtel's Unliminet with regards to Net
Neutrality? Or does it apply to Facebook Basics only?

As you already know, with Unliminet, users can subscribe to various plans
> and in return get "unlimited" access to social media (Whatsapp, Instagram,
> Facebook and Twitter) with every bundle purchase besides some voice minutes
> and text messages. Isn't this against the principles of net neutrality?

Read the argument here
<http://forums.techweez.com/t/airtels-unliminet-and-net-neutrality-where-do-we-stand/203?u=martingicheru>
.

Regards,