[kictanet] Net neutrality 'first world' problem?

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sat Feb 27 09:57:28 EAT 2016

Dr. Waudo,

"I attack ideas, I don't attack people - and some very good people
have some very bad ideas" - Antonin Scalia

Allowing people to break the Internet is the slippery road. Allowing
others to break the Internet for the developing world is like saying;
"we should use second hand, we are second rate citizens, for us
anything goes. We can take anything. Hell we are poor, we are beggars.
Please give us crumbs".

When will developing countries start asserting themselves? You know
what, countries that believe in the best for themselves in the end
becomes outliers. These are the little differences that after a long
while separates the masters from the slaves.

Imagine two digital natives, one born in North America with access to
the Internet, and the second born in Africa with access to just a few
services of the Internet. After 20 years, they meet in the corporate
scenes. How will they compete? This was illustrated very clearly
thousands of years ago by Plato in the "Allegory of the cave".

The narrative should be " We deserve the best, we are rich both in
spirit and ideologies, we will go for the best, we deserve the best".
After that we find solutions to getting what we deserve. Let us not
settle for less. Remember, as Voltaire said, no problem can withstand
the assault of sustained thinking

The argument that a little few websites are better than non is a non
starter.

Sincerely