[kictanet] More support for springing startups

Amos Ochieng ochiengamos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:47:00 EAT 2016

Well I agree with the discussions so far but I find the startup ecosystem
very biased toward tech startups. I am particularly concerned because I ran
an early stage startup focused on marketing and communication services and
most people I have talked to dont find it necessary to invest in us even
after proof of concept and scalability. All of us cannot be programmers and
innovators somebody has to offer the critical support services (strategy,
branding, marketing etc) needed to take the innovations to market. So far I
have found it practically very hard finding investors (angels and VCs) to
put their expertise and resources in startups that are not purely tech.

Hopefully somebody can shed light on this

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <

> On Feb 2, 2016 1:14 PM, "James Muritu via kictanet" <
> >
> > Registering a business in Kenya is a nightmare. I have used the new
> online platform(ecitizen) and there's nothing good to talk about it. Not
> only did I lose money after making several mpesa transactions, the system
> has no support process. A dark hole it is!  For fear of losing "broking"
> opportunities, my view is that the very people inside Sheria are sabotaging
> the system. We have a long way to go as a country.
> >

> Hi James, sometimes back, ICTA was crowdsourcing form the community on how
> they can make the ecitizen portal and othet e-government services more
> efficient and useful. Probably you can share your experience on the list.
> I'm sure the guys at ICTA will pick up the feedback, which will help
> improve the platform(s) further.
>
> Regards

*"You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around...Or
you can sit at your computer and do something that matters."- Cartman*