[kictanet] Internet, phones blocked as House debates election laws - Politics and policy

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 11:58:03 EAT 2016

Many thanks Dorcas, Ali and Walu for your insights,

Parliament reconvenes on Thursday to discuss the elections matter vide
a special gazette notice, things are really elephant it seems.

Looking at the situation i am asking myself:

1) Who is advising parliament on ICT related matters. I see KEPSA
lobbying and engaging with parliament a lot on ICT related issues,
what is their position on the same and how can industry and or
stakeholders advise parliament?. For those who are following
developments on social media you can attest to the fact that
temperatures and really rising and that it is the business community
that bears the brunt whenever parliament mishandles issues.

We can choose the usual middle class path and hide our heads in the
sand hoping things will sort themselves out or be proactive as
stakeholders and engage before things get out of hand. As ICT
professionals we have a responsibility to provide clarity on the
contentious issues, i am looking forwad to seeing the position of
KEPSA, ISACA and other industry associations on this matter.

Regards