[kictanet] Regulation of ICT Industry or Practice?

JImmy Gitonga jimmygitts at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 10:27:52 EAT 2016

Andrew, Waithaka,

You guys are on point until it hurts.

When I was at the iHub as the “Hype Master”, whenever a group of young
people asked me what they should do to be ready for the ICT market, be it
employment or entrepreneurship, I would tell them, “it depends…”, and as
they held their breathe, “on whether you are doing it for the money or
because you love it.” Those looking for a quick fix would turn away and the
ones left would literally have an “ICT career advice” session.

Our issues are not about regulation but culture. Germany, as country is
known to have an engineering culture that is so real that it is the only
country in world that sells machinery to China and has a trade surplus.

With the best regards,
*Jimmy Gitonga*