[kictanet] Gambia Shuts Down the Internet

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Dec 2 04:52:24 EAT 2016

Grace

Thanks for highlighting this.

Going by the trend in Africa I'd rather we in Kenya prepare ourselves for such a possibility and specifically ask the Government to publicly commit to a free and open (and yes No Shut Down) Internet before, during and after the elections. Failure to get such an assurance will leave all of us in no doubt whatsoever that we will see Kenya following this infamous route.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad