[kictanet] Safaricom used backdoor to shutdown bitcoin?

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:30:54 EAT 2016

Exactly Ali,

A number of countries have pride in their successful businesses. Ethiopians
pride themselves with their Airlines network (and important to note that
Kenya used to have pride in its Pride of Africa when it was a kick-ass
Airline network with a tight focus on efficiency and its commitment to
quality). Examples of this are quite a number.

There's a problem somewhere when the flag-bearer of a world innovation like
M-Pesa has its very local customers and innovators being half hearted about
it.

We need to be better than this.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> A damning write up.
>
> I think Safaricom is suffering from 'Grown-up' Syndrome. They need to
> relook at how they relate to others in the ecosystem. There are far too
> many complaints about how they behave. It my be a perception. How ever
> perceptions have a sneaky way of becoming or being seen as the truth.
>
> My humble advise to them is to really re-examine how they relate to others.
>
> *Ali Hussein*
> *Principal*
> *Hussein & Associates*
> +254 0713 601113
>
> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>
> Skype: abu-jomo

> "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking
> what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 27 Aug 2016, at 9:45 AM, Liz Orembo via kictanet <
>

> Can someone from Safaricom give us their side of the story?
>
> http://kenyainsights.com/revealed-how-a-worried-
> safaricom-used-backdoor-to-shutdown-bitcoin-which-was-
> set-to-neutralize-mpesa-dominance-in-kenya/
>

> --
>
> Best regards.
> Liz.
>
> PGP ID: 0x1F3488BF

> mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com

> mailman/options/kictanet/ultimateprogramer%40gmail.com

*Ahmed Maawy*
Executive Director - SwahiliBox / M-Power (CBO)
Curator - Global Shapers Mombasa Hub
Ambassador - Open Knowledge
Director - Startup Grind Mombasa
Software Developer - AJ+ / EveryLayer