[kictanet] Taifa Laptop

Wangari Kabiru wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 20:54:10 EAT 2016

Blessed Thursday!

Your query on knowing anyone using - I do not know.

The concept of enrolment to higher education with a laptop is laudable; this university generation must have  visionaries to jerk it otherwise their small brothers in Class 1 with laptops will be more user savvy.

Might HELB or now the local banks see this as an opportunity to bundle attractive laptop loan products as part of the student education journey.

I believe the technical handicaps cited give opportunity for those who are tech savvy to engage with the JKUAT in the Taifa laptop as a project work in progress (while instilling great customer service practices e.g returns, replacement, parental (stakeholder) communication). If this is not possible then it would be a big problem.
The expectation would be for Kenya to be ready and to motivate more of its neighbours to borrow the "laptop per child policy", opening Kenya for the huge market.

I do hope the journalist would follow up the trail to address the allegations without diluting the actual possible benefits of such a project.

Be blessed.