[kictanet] Zimbabwe's Army Chief says Social Media Activism is Cyber Warfare

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 07:15:42 EAT 2016

Ali,

"The pen is mightier than the sword." - Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Those who seek to oppress and dominate will always fear the
dissemination of information (by whatever means it is disseminated).
It used to be mainstream media - now it is "social media".

It is surely the right of those who elect our "public servants" (who
mostly don't see themselves as "servants"!) to hold them to account
and to criticise their actions.

In civilised societies, such criticism, true or false, is accepted as
a necessity of democracy.

Cheers,
Tony

--