[kictanet] Parliamentary Committee on Sports Betting

Timothy- Coach- Oriedo timoriedo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:53:05 EAT 2016

Gamification. it's amazing how the debate around gambling has chosen to
focus on monetary gains, addiction and other associative proclivities. How
would one for instance compare sports gambling with pokemon? There are
accounts of an individual who racked a bill of $4,954 a Japanese gymnast in
Rio thanks to Pokemon Go... Catch ‘em all or go broke tryin.

For me they are both innovations riding on two precincts, one a supporting
infrastructure - mobile and two consumers psychographics. Much needs to be
done to support and ensure the government benefits from a fiscal  angle of
such innovations. I welcome parliamentary committee move to seek to
understand the gamification phenomenon but ask it to be careful not put
duress the sports betting firms that might lead to the firms contributing
to there campaign kitty's to assuage tinkering of policies to their
advantage.

Your thoughts from an ICT perspective?

Tim