[kictanet] Annual Computing Career Congress for High School Girls

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:12:24 EAT 2016

Hi KICTANET Members,

I wish to take this opportunity to announce our upcoming Annual Computing
Career Congress for High School Girls to be held on *24th September 2016* at*
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)*.

Since 2004, Afchix Kenya (formerly LinuxChix Kenya) has been hosting the
Annual Computing and Mentorship Career Workshop for High School Girls at
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA). The program is aimed at
inspiring high school girls to take up careers in Information Technology
(IT) and Computer Science. This year’s event will bring together successful
women in tech to share their achievements and experiences with over 500
girls from various schools in Kenya for role modelling.

We would like to invite you to participate or support the event this year
by choosing any of following:

*SPONSORSHIP CATEGORIES*

   1. GIRLS IN TECH EMPEROR - Sponsorship Value of Kshs. 300,000/­
   2. GIRLS IN TECH WARRIOR - Sponsorship Value of Kshs. 200,000/­
   3. GIRLS IN TECH MORAN - Sponsorship Value of Kshs. 100,000/­
   4. GIRLS IN TECH CHAMPION - Sponsorship Value Kshs. 50,000/­

*SPONSORSHIP IN KIND*

   1. PC Computer Award for best performing school in an easy competition
   on “How Mobile Phones Can Be Used As Learning Devices”.
   2. Ipad/Tablet for the principal of the best performing school in KCSE
   Computer Studies, Physics and Mathematics results for the last 3 years for
   participating schools.
   3. Laptop for the teacher with the biggest number of best performing
   students in KCSE Computer Studies, Physics and Mathematics results for the
   last 3 years for participating schools.
   4. Give aways e.g bags, notebooks, pens, t­shirts, water etc
   5. Volunteer as a career mentor during the event. Both men and women are
   welcome to this.
   6. Demos how various technology solutions work to the students. We shall
   provide demo stands.

*Your benefits will include:*
● An opportunity to send topmost women mentor to make a presentation during
the event
● An exhibition table to demonstrate your technology solutions work to the
students
● Complimentary space for women mentors from your staff to attend the event
● Company Logo on the event publicity materials
● Publicity in the AfChix webpage
● Certificate of recognition

Help us impact and influence the girls who do very well in their KCSE
examinations but often opt to pursue other disciplines as well as prepare
our country and continent with a diverse ICT workforce.

Let all us keep paying it forward! Please get in touch with me on how to
join us via email or on 0722 494015.

--
Muthoni

My Blog: http://rugongo.blogspot.com/