[kictanet] Film board overstepping mandate in policing aired adverts - CA

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:52:52 EAT 2016

The Kenya Film Classification Board is overstepping its mandate by policing content aired by broadcasters, the CA has said.Communication Authority Director general Francis Wangusi said on Thursday that the KFCB is only mandated with rating aired content, not controlling it.“We are not aware of the parameters they use to classify content," Wangusi said."As far as we know they are only supposed to advise on terms of general viewing and parental guidelines on above-18 content. That is the far they can go."Wangusi noted that the authority has the sole mandate of monitoring programming codes.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/04/21/film-board-overstepping-mandate-in-policing-aired-adverts-ca_c1336402