[kictanet] Most visited websites in Kenya

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Sep 24 17:51:17 EAT 2015

On 24 September 2015 at 17:10, James Wamathai <jw at hapakenya.com> wrote:

> My name is Wamathai. Wamaitha is a girl.
>
> Apologies for this

> The content you are referring to exists, on my site and others. if you
> search for it properly, you'll find it.

Yes, content is there. But you see you insert a clause of "if you search
for it properly". It seems we need to make that content more easily
retrievable, and available too. I guess the content producers have
discussed over and over again how to improve their Search Engine
Optimization. Which mya be the missing link.

> Also, if you wanted to, you could make a Kenyan site your home page or
> even subscribe to them which means you'll get updated chap chap.

My point was not on homepages per say. That was just an analogy to the
bigger picture. My point is, how does your content get into the user's
EYEBALL. You may have great content. But how does the user get to it, see
it in her busy schedule ... How do you make your content stand out to the
user segment you are targeting?

Google stole my eyeball. :)

Content is there, it might not be as much as the West but it's there but
> mots don't read it.

I appreciate this, and commend the community for shoring up content. But
the gaps are still yawning. A lot still has to be done. I can say (without
facts) 90%  of local content is FB, instagram, e.t.c. Social in nature.

We have seen new relevant content that was never available before coming
up, like the database of Granted Patents in Kenya developed by Strathmore
University's Center for Intellectual Property and IP Law
http://cipit.org/index.php/granted-patents-ap1

Or the digitization of all Kenyan laws including all case laws and Kenya
gazette notices by kenyalaw.org in conjunction with Google. These are
fantastic achievements that have ensured you have access to relevant
information at your desk.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson