[kictanet] Most visited websites in Kenya

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Sep 24 12:15:27 EAT 2015

Ahmed & All

That’s one part of the equation. The other one is about creating an unfair advantage for our content developers. Africa has lost its role in the story telling space. We are the continent that gave the world the folklore stories of Brer Rabbit and Wise Old Tortoise now claimed as part of American Folklore.

As Mwendwa has said in his post, how do you get people to log in or even to know your content exists when its being crowded out by gilded gardens like internet.org <http://internet.org/>?

There is a clear disconnect between what we do in the private sector and what policy makers craft. We must engage more in a meaningful manner. All too often we blame policy makers for making laws that are retrogressive. BUT we need to ask ourselves how many of us REALLY engage government in a meaningful manner?

The time has come for talk to be declared cheap and get on with the program. We must come together to reverse this sad state of affairs.

Thanks & Regards

Ali Hussein
ali at hussein.me.ke

+254 713 601113
Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: Abu-Jomo
LinkedIn: http//ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
Blog: www.alyhussein.com