[kictanet] Forum on Internet Freedom in East Africa

Juliet Nanfuka. juliet at cipesa.org
Tue Sep 22 06:59:46 EAT 2015

 Dear Friends and supporters,

As we draw closer to the second Forum on Internet Freedom in East Africa,
please take note of what has grown to be an event we are excited to be
pulling together. The Forum is set to take place on September 28 - 29 at
the Golf Course Hotel in Kampala, Uganda.

This year, we bring together a wide selection of speakers from civil
society, media, business, government, academia, tech development, the arts
community, law enforcement,  and communication regulatory bodies all of
whom have a role to play in advancing the rights of citizens to privacy and
freedom of expression in the online sphere.

Have a look at our exciting *Programme
<https://links.mixmax.com/b/jWmlyv2oVNONh8cMR?rn=IiLhtWdm5WYOBCdllGb1pkI&re=gInJ3buE2clBXajBEdllGb1pmI>!
*

Use *#FIFEA* *#InternetFreedom *to be part on the online conversation,
share thoughts and to ask questions. Please use the attached call out too.

*Forum on Internet Freedom in East Africa*
2 Days | Over 60 Speakers | 13 Panels | All Day Digital Security Clinics |
Report Launch| Cocktail Function |

*Countries represented*
Burundi, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy,
Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Africa, South Sudan,  Sudan,
Somalia, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Zambia

*Speakers affiliations:*
Article 19, Bayimba, Bloggers Association Kenya, ICT Association Uganda
(ICTAU), Globaleaks, iHub Research (Kenya), Internet Society [(Africa)
(Burundi) (Uganda)], UNESCO, Facebook, Kenya ICT Action Network
(KICTANet), Makerere
University, Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA), Paradigm Initiative
Uganda, Protège QV, Uganda Media Centre, UNESCO, University of Nairobi, Web
We Want, Writivism, Women Of Uganda Network (WOUGNET)  and many more!

*Sponsors*
Thanks to our supporters: African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME), Ford
Foundation,  Hivos, Open Technology Fund, UNESCO and Web We Want.

Registration is required to gain entry to the venue.* Register on our Forum
page
<https://links.mixmax.com/b/dVHTraM3yMn24ivIL?rn=IiLhtWdm5WYOBCdllGb1pkI&re=gInJ3buE2clBXajBEdllGb1pmI>*

Kind regards,
Juliet

*Juliet N. Nanfuka*Communications Officer
Mobile: +256 (0) 773 949 345 |Office: +256 (0) 414 289 502
@ChewingStones
*Collaboration on International ICT Policy in East and Southern Africa
(CIPESA)*
Plot 156-158 Mutesa II Road, Ntinda | Kampala, Uganda
www.cipesa.org
<https://links.mixmax.com/b/e5h319Hs9F51nuurh?rn=IiLhtWdm5WYOBCdllGb1pkI&re=gInJ3buE2clBXajBEdllGb1pmI>
<https://links.mixmax.com/b/nEaWyAPe1VSN61xEg?rn=IiLhtWdm5WYOBCdllGb1pkI&re=gInJ3buE2clBXajBEdllGb1pmI>
| https://www.facebook.com/cipesaug