[kictanet] KUCCPS

Victor Kapiyo vkapiyo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:45:52 EAT 2015

I think it's a free country and every person is allowed to accept payment
in whichever means they prefer. Sad but it's a free market. Some places
don't accept Mpesa, Airtel money, Visa, MasterCard, personal cheques or
cash but only options that are convenient for them.

However, for kuccps being a body established by statute it would only be
proper that it puts in place mechanisms to accept payments in forms other
than Mpesa, since not all Kenyans are on Mpesa. They appear to have chosen
convenience over public service. I also think It's also a call to
developers to ensure such facilities incorporate various options that
will enable the public make payments through different means without
limiting to a single provider.

My 2 cents.

Victor

On Thursday, 22 October 2015, P Gitau Githongo via kictanet <

--
Victor Kapiyo