[kictanet] I&M suspends online card transactions

Alex Watila awatila at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 18:54:43 EAT 2015

Risk Avoidance vs Risk Mitigation

-----Original Message-----
From: kictanet
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+awatila=yahoo.co.uk at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf
Of Mark Kipyegon via kictanet
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:38 AM
To: awatila at yahoo.co.uk
Cc: Mark Kipyegon <mkipyegon at outlook.com>
Subject: [kictanet] I&M suspends online card transactions

Is it a viable solution to suspend the service to paying customers? The risk
cited in the article is not a new thing in that particular industry.

--
keybase.io/kipyegonmark

On 7 Oct 2015, at 09:41, kictanet-request at lists.kictanet.or.ke wrote:

> Listers
>
> Interesting story about the pitfalls of ECommerce payments.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/I-M-Bank-suspends-online-c
ard-payments/-/539550/2901814/-/k38ilvz/-/index.html

> As one of the few acquirers (The others are Barclays and KCB, soon to be
followed by Chase Bank) this doesn't auger well for online card payments in
the country.

> Fortunately for us we have other payment gateways we can use.
>
> I'm curious to know what impact this will have on eCommerce in the
country. Anyone can share insights?

Unsubscribe or change your options at
https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/awatila%40yahoo.co.uk

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform for
people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.