[kictanet] I&M suspends online card transactions

Watila Alex awatila at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 11:40:01 EAT 2015

they should issue prepaid cards for online transactions like kcb

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Ali Hussein via kictanet" <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
Date:Wed, 7 Oct, 2015 at 5:20
Subject:[kictanet] I&M suspends online card transactions

Listers

Interesting story about the pitfalls of ECommerce payments.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/I-M-Bank-suspends-online-card-payments/-/539550/2901814/-/k38ilvz/-/index.html

As one of the few acquirers (The others are Barclays and KCB, soon to be followed by Chase Bank) this doesn't auger well for online card payments in the country.

Fortunately for us we have other payment gateways we can use.

I'm curious to know what impact this will have on eCommerce in the country. Anyone can share insights?

Ali Hussein

Principal

Hussein & Associates

+254 0713 601113 / 0770906375

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

LinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim

Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad