[kictanet] Fw: TESPOK demands involvement in Communication Act 1998 amendments

Fiona Asonga tespok at tespok.co.ke
Tue Nov 17 11:17:38 EAT 2015

Hallo Barrack

What is an issue here is the process is not being followed.
CA and CS distanced themselves and requested to be heard we do not know whether that happened.
Other stakeholders have requested to be heard; TESPOK's letter at parliament is still waiting for response. Yet the bill is still proceeding and has gone through the second reading.

It is important that due process is followed, otherwise what is the point of the constitution if the rights given in the constitution are being abused by the arm or government responsible of ensuring their protection when developing new laws?

John, Parliament has continued with the amendment despite the comments of CS and CA. What message is then being sent out to Kenyan?

Kind Regards