[kictanet] [isoc_ke] Why is Kenya indifferent to how Africa's internet is managed?

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue May 26 13:41:21 EAT 2015

> "It then follows that whoever sits on the AfriNIC board enjoys a
> privileged, unique position in as far as the development and evolution of
> the Internet in Africa is concerned, which is why Kenya's failure to
> present a candidate is worrying."

Walu,
It is my understanding (I may be wrong), that Kenya presented a candidate,
who was not shortlisted. I think as much as the local stakeholders have not
succeeded in lobbying for our own to the Afrinic board (Its not only the
government that has failed, but all other stakeholders collectively), we
have also failed on directing the heat at Afrinic who for lack of a better
word "have belittled our country".

I agree with you on the bigger picture where government needs to see the
importance of being more proactive. They dropped the ball, and nobody seems
keen on picking it

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson

On 26 May 2015 at 13:05, Ali Hussein via kictanet <