[kictanet] Government says 60% of Services will be available online by year end

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed May 20 07:58:08 EAT 2015

Listers

This is welcome.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/?articleID=2000161896&story_title=60%20per%20cent%20of%20State%20services%20to%20be%20online%20soon

One thing is for sure. When it comes to availability of Government
Services, this government gets an A- from me for effort. We must appreciate
the strides we are making. We still have ways to go but a glass half full -
not half empty is a better way to look at it.

For me, what I find most impressive is the thinking behind mixing
'analogue' and digital. Take the Huduma Centres. I think this is a master
stroke of building a bricks & clicks model to serve the public taking into
consideration that Internet Penetration is still below 50%. The eCitizen
Portal, despite UX issues is another feather in the cap of this government.

Well done Dr.Matiang'i and Team. Onwards and Forwards!

*Ali Hussein*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 770 906375/ 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Blog: www.alyhussein.com

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.