[kictanet] Intellectual Property Owners Association

Bernard Kioko bkioko at bernsoft.com
Wed Mar 25 09:17:15 EAT 2015

Listers,

I would like to introduce Intellectual Property Owners Association. This
being an ICT related list, I believe this organisation is relevant to many.

Intellectual Property Owners Association of Kenya (IPOKENYA) is a trade
association for owners of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
IPOKENYA serves all intellectual property owners in all industries and all
fields of technology.

IPOKENYA advocates for effective and affordable IP ownership rights and
provides a wide array of services to members, including: supporting member
interests relating to legislative and international issues; analyzing
current IP issues; information and educational services; and disseminating
information to the general public on the importance of intellectual property
rights.

Our Vision

As owners of intellectual property we believe that intellectual property
rights accelerate the innovation, creativity, and investment necessary to
address major global challenges and improve lives. We strive to maximize
innovation across all industries and improve lives throughout the world by
fostering high quality rights and effective, harmonized systems to obtain
and enforce them, on behalf of all our members.

Our Principles

1.     We represent the interests of IP owners.

2.     We believe IP rights drive innovation, which creates economic
prosperity.

3.     We believe that valid and enforceable IP rights are fundamental to
both developed and emerging economies.

4.     We believe that advancing IP owners' interests requires global
dialogue and cooperation.

5.     We seek to transparently address the needs of all members, foster
relationships among members and facilitate the ongoing exchange of
information.

6.     We ensure that IP systems apply without advantage or discrimination
to all industries and all technologies.

7.     We believe in a sustained education focus for experts, professionals,
and the public to understand and appreciate the benefits of developed IP
systems.

8.     We strive to promote improvements and eliminate abuses in IP systems.

9.     We seek to maintain ongoing, constructive engagement with
governmental IP offices, regulators and IP policy legislators globally.

10.  We choose to lead IP initiatives or influence IP policy when there is
sufficient Board support to justify IPOKENYA involvement.

For those interested in membership, we will be providing membership
information details soon.

* ------------------------------ *

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential, legally privileged and protected by law and is intended for
the sole use of the named recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, or
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Any liability (in negligence or
otherwise) arising from any third party acting, or refraining from acting
on any information contained in this email is hereby excluded. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete the contents and notify the
sender immediately; do not disclose the contents to any other person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium. Whilst
our e-mails are checked for viruses, we cannot guarantee that this message
or any attachment is virus free, does not contain malicious code or is
incompatible with your electronic system and the Company does not accept
liability in respect of viruses, malicious code or any related problems
that you might experience. For further information about us, please contact
us at the address indicated below.

Bernsoft Interactive Limited - P O Box 15177-00100 Nairobi - Tel: +254 722
929192 Email: admin at bernsoft.com Web: www.bernsoft.com