[kictanet] Safaricom halves its internet bundles pricing

John Masiwe jmasiwe at bluegate.co.ke
Thu Mar 5 14:07:40 EAT 2015

Mwaura, thanks for this excellent and helpful analysis.

The problem with Orange is they simply won’t extend the 3G to “diasporia” areas like Syokimau onwards.  The same goes for Airtel.

So the sizeable population there is stuck with Safaricom. There’s a glimmer of hope through Liquid Telkom which has started making some inroads with residential installations at Kshs. 3, 000 unlimited. I however do have details on how this is capped or speeds but it is a start.

John Masiwe