[kictanet] #KeIGF15 Online Discussions Day One: Inclusiveness and Diversity

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Jul 21 09:38:50 EAT 2015

GG

You raise an important issue regarding the framework and process of public
participation and engagement. I sometimes get the distinct feeling that we
pay lip service to this important aspect of our new constitution. A few
examples:-

1. Notices for important public discussions being sent out 48 hours before
the event. Almost as if whoever does this wants to give as short a notice
as possible so that you can have as little participation as possible.

2. Zero follow up after the engagement. Or when there's follow up you get
the distinct feeling that the engagement was just for cosmetics.

3. Major engagements where only the 'politically correct' are involved.

My take is that Multi Stakeholderism is like the bitter pill that one needs
to take to cure an ailment and once taken its easier on the body and your
health dramatically improves.

Ali Hussein
Tel: +254 713 601113
On Jul 21, 2015 5:38 AM, "Grace Githaiga via kictanet" <