[kictanet] Call for nominations: Stockholm Internet Forum (SIF), 21-22 Oct

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:51:23 EAT 2015

Dear colleagues,

Nominate yourself or someone to participate at the Stockholm Internet
Forum (SIF)

----
Hi,

Kindly share this to your network.

Stockholm Internet Forum (SIF)

This year’s Stockholm Internet Forum (SIF), which is the fourth forum in
the series, will take place on October 21st and 22nd at Münchenbryggeriet
in Stockholm, hosted by Sida. The theme will be a multi-dimensional
approach to “access”, with a special emphasis on gender equality issues.

Stockholm Internet Forum (SIF) is an international forum for in-depth
dialogue and discussions on how a free, open and secure internet promotes
human rights and development worldwide.

SIF is an invitation-only event. As diversity is important for SIF we give
you the possibility to recommend someone with an interest in and knowledge
of internet freedom, access and gender quality issues who you believe
should be invited.

We are looking for participants from all over the world and from any
possible interest group, be it industry, civil society, academia, the
technical community or governments. Another important aspect is the gender
balance. This year we want to continue improving gender equality and have
a larger proportion of women participants.

When debating development and freedom through digital tools, the global
transboundary nature of the technology must be reflected in the
participants of the discussion. We therefore especially welcome
suggestions for participants from low and middle income countries.
Previous years, around half of the participants have come from these
countries. This is the ratio that we are aiming for this year as well. To
make this possible, the Swedish International Development Cooperation
Agency (Sida) will fund travel costs and accommodation for participants
from low and middle income countries. A global, inclusive, open and
transparent debate is the only way forward. We hope that this is what we
together will be able to bring about on 21–22 October 2015 in Stockholm.

Please complete the form in the link below. Feel free to recommend
yourself! The organisers will evaluate each recommendation and reserve the
right to identify potential participants.

Recommend
participants<http://www.delegia.com/app/attendee/new_registration.asp?ProjectId=6661&ReglineId=28637&ReglineNo=1&ReglinePageNo=1&clear=yes>
http://www.delegia.com/app/attendee/new_registration.asp?ProjectId=6661&ReglineId=28637&ReglineNo=1&ReglinePageNo=1&clear=yes

Orawan Raweekoon
National Programme Officer
Development Cooperation Section (Human Rights and Democracy)
Embassy of Sweden
11th Floor , One Pacific Place
140 Sukhumvit Road
Bangkok 10110