[kictanet] The battle for control of Kenyan Digital airspace

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Jan 20 18:44:30 EAT 2015

On 20 January 2015 at 17:26, Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> On the side of the four media houses I believe they have a right to have a
> commercial discussion with GOtv and the others since content drives
> advertising revenue

I tend to believe GOtv, Startimes are "aerial" providers. If I am an
advertiser, and I want my audience to be KBC viewers, I would put my advert
on KBC and not GOtv. In the same breadth, the "aerial" providers should not
be able to dictate a user's viewing experience. If I'm viewing KBC via
Startimes, at no time should I see Startimes or ElimuTV or Citizen TV
related advert without me the viewer switching stations.

Regards

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson